La Soufriere Volcano, St VincentView

It's been quite some time since my last post - I must admit I have left the camera at home on my last few climbing trips out, been thwarted by dire weather on the trips where I have taken it, and not been up a mountain for far too long.

At the tail end of last year though I did manage a trip up the La Soufriere volcano, the highest point on the Caribbean island of St Vincent, including a little trip down into the crater. I only took a point and shoot on this occasion so the photos aren't that great, but I figure the blog is long overdue an update!

Lots more to come this year with climbing, bouldering and a lot of mountains!



Heading around the crater rim into the clouds
The optimistically titled 'path' down the crater edge which is a series of old ropes looped onto old iron stakes


View across the crater bottom 
Crater walls and plug
Steam vent selfie

Comments